Summertime is always a packed and fun time at Sheldon.
There's plenty to do, including:
- concerts in the Sheldon Open Air Theatre hosting about 400 local people each time.
- 2 Clergy Family Holiday Weeks when we serve food and organise some evening activities to enable clergy families to have a really relaxing holiday.
- A volunteer Workweek when several dozen Friends of Mary and Martha roll up their sleeves and help with practical tasks around the site.
- The Community Rededication - an annual reflective service of commitment for the year ahead.
- Hosting other retreats and events
This is a great opportunity for one or two energetic and capable people to experience the variety of life and service in a lay Christian Community.
You will work hard, but there will be lots to enjoy and you'll work alongside many of our community members, staff team and volunteers.
You will gain unique experience spending time as part of a long-established lay Christian Community. You will engage in service through hospitality, find a space to bring your own personality and skills to the table, learn lots of practical skills and meet lots of lovely people.
This opportunity might be especially relevant (but definitely not limited to) to people exploring vocation, in one form or another.
Volunteering at Sheldon has no financial cost. We provide your board and lodging, reasonable travel expenses and a subsistence allowance.
Best stretch is 1st July to end of August
Interested? Drop us an email introducing yourself ...
Do share this page if you know someone who might be interested.