Bookings for groups
A superb environment for your group to relax, learn and share together.
Things start from here ...
- the privacy of having the whole building(s) to yourselves
- the freedom to run your own programme
- first rate kitchens for your catering
- a choice of spacious and/or cosy meeting rooms
- beautifully kept grounds including woods, gardens and fields
- prayer spaces including chapels and labyrinth
- all rooms en-suite and centrally heated
- good disabled access
- away from it all but with good transport links
If you're thinking of bringing a group away we would love to make an appointment for you to come and look round Sheldon.
We have made major investments in the scope and quality of the guest accommodation in recent years.
Sheldon just what you're looking for? How to make a booking.
Details and links
We would be delighted to send you this set of leaflets with all you need to know about group bookings as a printed pack - just ask. But if you want to read them straight away then here are the links.
- Summary (2020 rates) buildings, beds, rates
- Pound House (large kitchen, dining room, meeting room, small meeting room)
- Long Barn (large meeting room, dining room, kitchen, kitchenette)
- 3 x Pig Pens (3 self-contained units)
- Hen Runs (3 self-contained units)
- Food and catering (most groups self-cater, we can also offer catering ourselves)
- Essentials and extras
- Small print
- Day groups (2020 rates) catered or self-catering
Forms for confirmed bookings
These forms will be completed a fortnight before your arrival (by you) to help us prepare for your visit, and then on arrival (by us) to help us check you in and make you welcome.
Prices shown here are for self-catering groups - bookings are per building per night (minimum 2 nights).
Our preferred option is for self-catering groups to cook in the Long Barn kitchen. Larger groups may need to use the Pound House kitchen and this costs extra as shown. Permanent facilities for making and washing up hot drinks are available in the Pound House dining room (and all bedrooms have a hospitality tray).
You may bring your own bed linen and towels or prices are shown for us to provide.
You are expected to leave the place decently clean and tidy on departure OR you can pay us to do the cleaning for you - prices on application.
If you would like Sheldon to quote for catering, please talk to us.
We can also suggest caterers your group may be able to hire.
|Long Barn||Modern, light, new build||9||17||£900|
|Pound House||Thatched, characterful||
|Pound House Kitchen||£210|
|Berkshire Pig Pen||with sleeping deck||1||2 (+2)||£100|
|Gloucester Pig Pen||with sleeping deck||1||2 (+2)||£100|
|Tamworth Pig Pen||best disabled access||1||2||£100|
|Coop Hen Run||2 bedsits sharing facilities||2||4||£200|
|Set of bedding + towel booked >7 days ahead||£20|
|Set of bedding + towel booked <7 days ahead||£35|
|Bare duvets booked > 7 days ahead||FOC|
|Bare duvets booked < 7 days ahead||£5|
Paying for group bookings
You can pay by cheque or bank transfer (we don't have card or cash facilities for group bookings - sorry)
Information on the bookings and payment process can be found here
|Room(s)||Mon - Thurs||Fri - Sun|
|Pound House (excl kitchen)||£150||£200|
|Pound House kitchen||£150||£150|
|Long Barn (one room)||£200||£260|
|Long Barn (both rooms)||£300||£380|
|2 x refreshments only||£6.00|
|simple lunch + 2 x refreshments||£18.00|
|cooked 2 course lunch + 2 x refreshments||£22.00|