Sheldon retreat centre-Covid protections
Sheldon and Covid-19
Last updated 17th September 2023
Our goals are
- To protect everyone from Covid - every infection is worth not having because of the long term risks (even if the initial illness often appears 'mild'
- To provide clear guidelines on what to do - we do the worrying so you don't have to
We do this by
- Reducing the risk of staff and guests bringing infection onto site.
- Sheldon offers good discretionary sick pay and testing for our staff.
- We ask guests to contact us to discuss before travelling to Sheldon if you have new symptoms or recent known contacts.
- Reducing the risk of passing on any infections that come to site
- If you develop any new symptoms (please click to check the list) during your stay please contact the team on 01647-253914 - depending on circumstances we may arrange for testing, masking, moving to alternative accommodation, etc.
- We limit the occupancy of shared spaces and use the available physical distancing
- We have HEPA air cleaners running in all main rooms
- We ventilate main rooms with plenty of fresh air and have continuous monitoring of CO2 with text alerts for the team if levels rise over 750. We encourage guests to be pro-active in opening windows.
- We ask everyone to wear a face mask for community prayers in chapel (numbers are unpredictable and there are fewer windows)
- We use testing, masking and air filtration to keep those giving and receiving a massage protected
We have continued with our more generous arrangements for cancellations in the light of the ongoing uncertainties we all have to manage. We want you to have the confidence to make a booking while having a reasonable framework for flexibility where needed.
Zoe Covid tracker https://health-study.joinzoe.com/data#levels-over-...
The physics of masks https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vBJpvdZXxcs