Read, rest, retreat, relax, recuperate
Good space to read, retreat, rest, relax, recuperate (R5)
Some people just find retreat space more enjoyable and accessible when there is a bit of social contact through shared meals which also give a bit of structure to the day while leaving plenty of space to do your own thing. You can spend all your time at Sheldon doing things like soaking up the environment, walking the grounds, praying the labyrinth, browsing the library or enjoying messy play for grown-ups in the art shed. And/or you can use Sheldon as a base for exploring the local area with its river walks, Devon lanes, Dartmoor tors, medieval churches, friendly pubs etc. And only half an hour from Exeter and the coast. The community rhythm of prayer frames the day, we feed you well, and the Fat Pigeon bar is open before supper.
We err on the side of caution with all our Covid protections to keep you safe.
Perhaps you would benefit from an R5 when ...
- You have a pile of books to read or an essay to write (or maybe a book to write ...) and
- You need a retreat but prefer to structure your own input
- You are over-tired and want space to rest body and mind
- You are recovering from illness, operation or bereavement and want protected space in which to recuperate
- You just need an excuse to come to Sheldon!
We often have massage slots available to help with that all-important R for Relaxation
For people in ministry we can offer 1:1 sessions (paid extra) with a member of the team
Ready to book?
- Phone 01647-252752
- Or if you've been to Sheldon before, you may prefer to just email firstname.lastname@example.org