Self catering provision
All self catering private retreatants staying in a Linhay Lodge, Hen Run or Pig Pen will be provided with the following:
Bathroom (some have bath with shower over, some have wet rooms - make sure we know if you need a wet room):
- Hand and bath towel
- 3-4 toilet rolls
- Hand soap
Kitchens all include crockery, cutlery and cooking utensils, plus fridge, electric hob and microwave. Some have an electric oven, but not all.
The following items are provided:
- Washing up liquid and brush
- Dish cloth, tea towel and hand towel (+ spares)
- Kitchen paper towel
- Liners for bins
- Vegetable oil
- Salt and pepper
- Small amounts of mayonnaise and ketchup
We do not remove dry goods (including tea and coffee) from the cupboards between larder stocked guests, so while there are no guarantees as to what will be in the cupboards, it is fine to use what there is on an honesty box basis.
Click here to find out more about having a stocked larder.
Beds are always made up (synthetic fill duvets and pillows used unless requested otherwise).
For food shopping there is
- Co-op and Deli in Chudleigh (6 miles)
- Supermarkets in Newton Abbot and Exeter (10 miles)
The most local pubs are
- The Teign House Inn (walking distance)
- The Nobody Inn (Doddiscombsleigh)
- The Artichoke (Christow)
- The Royal Oak (Dunsford)